‘Tis the season to be jolly…. but how can you be merry after you’ve lost a precious loved one?
As a world-renowned psychic medium and spiritual counselor, I can give you some tips that will enable you to feel better during the holiday season during a period of grief.
How To Get Through The Holidays When You’re Grieving
1. Honor your feelings.
Take all the time you need to grieve, and understand you don’t have to force yourself to be merry during the holidays or any other time of the year.
On the other hand, if you do begin to experience happiness, please don’t feel guilty. Your departed loved ones want you to be happy again! A common message that comes through in my appointments is “I’m okay. I just want you to be, too!”
2. Practice different healing techniques.
There are many healing techniques that can help you immensely during a period of grief, such as the Emotional Freedom Technique. This consists of the participant rating the emotional intensity of their reaction on a subjective units of distress scale, then repeating an orienting affirmation while rubbing or tapping specific points on the body. The emotional intensity is then rescored and repeated until no changes are noted in the emotional intensity.
There is also Ho’oponopono, an ancient Hawaiian practice of reconciliation and forgiveness.
Energy healing, prayer, meditation, and positive thinking are some other great ones. Some techniques may resonate with you more than others, so make sure to practice the ones that you feel most guided to use.
3. Pamper yourself and do anything that uplifts your spirit.
This can mean being with those you love, petting your dog or cat, going for a walk, sitting quietly by yourself, or anything that puts you in a better place.
4. Maintain your connection with your loved ones.
Talk to your deceased loved ones; write letters to them; learn how to receive messages from them; go to a reputable medium who can receive messages for you.
Your loved ones want to communicate with you as much as you want to communicate with them, especially during the holiday season!
5. Ask for “without a doubt signs” from them.
After you ask, just be patient and wait, and you will receive these magnificent signs. Some of these types of signs are:
* They come through as animals. They are able use their energy to go inside of an animal, such as a bird, ladybug, or butterfly, for a brief period of time. The animal will commonly behave in a way that it normally wouldn’t, such as land on you, peck at your window, shriek in an odd way, and so on.
Related: 6 Health Benefits Of Pets
* They place objects, such as coins and feathers, in your path. If you have been finding these types of objects in your path, make sure to keep them and put them in a safe place so you will be able to see how many of these objects your loved one is sending you!
* They love to come through with songs. For example, their favorite songs may come on at the perfect time with the exact words you need to hear.
* They come through in dreams. All you need to do is to ask them to come, and they will. However, you should ask them to wake you up after they come, or else you will not remember the dream. A dream that is a true visitation will be very peaceful, and you will know it truly is your loved one. You will remember this type of dream in detail many years later.
* They love to show you numbers that are relevant to you, such as birth dates, anniversaries – or repeating numbers, such as 1111, 2222, 3333, etc. These numbers may appear on clocks, billboards, or any other familiar place.
* They turn electricity on and off. They like to flicker lights, turn the television and radio on and off, and make appliances beep for no apparent reason.
* Those in the celestial realm speak to you on a different, higher frequency, so you may hear ringing in your ears when they are trying to get your attention. This is a sign telling you to listen to what they are saying.
* They use license plates to let you know they are there. If a car cuts you off, instead of getting angry, check out the license plate. It may be your loved one’s name, birth date, or something else that was significant to him or her.
The list can go on and on, but these are the most common ways they let you know they are around. If you haven’t received any of these signs, simply ask your deceased loved ones to let you know they are there.
The more you are aware of the messages they are giving you, the more they will continue to allow you to know they are present. Be patient and persistent, and I promise that they will give you the signs you have always wanted. Get through this period of grief with a smile on your face knowing that your loved one will always be there.
Karen Noé is a renowned New Jersey-based psychic medium, spiritual counselor, and healer with a two-year waiting list. She is a Hay House author of Your Life After Their Death: A Medium’s Guide to Healing After a Loss and Through the Eyes of Another: A Medium’s Guide to Creating Heaven on Earth by Encountering Your Life Review Now. She is the founder of the Angel Quest Center in Ramsey, NJ, where she teaches classes, gives readings, and practices alternative healing.
Photo by Michal Oravec