Did you ever want to get motivated to do something important in your life?
Maybe you wanted to start a new exercise program, or begin eating healthy.
Or, maybe you were going to try to improve a personal relationship, or have more success at work.
Deciding to make an important change in your life can be thrilling, and fulfilling.
But what if that change doesn’t last…which it often doesn’t? It can be a demotivating, negative, soul-crushing experience.
So how can you change that?
Well, first, it’s important to understand how motivation works.
Motivation isn’t something to be gained from others. Motivation doesn’t happen from reading a book. Heck, you can’t get motivated from reading these words.
That stuff can give you inspiration, but not motivation.
Inspiration happens from the outside. Motivation happens from within.
So, the next time you want to make a positive change in your life, you’ll need both.
Inspiration can spark a desire to do something.
Motivation can turn that spark into a burning flame of drive, persistence, and focus.
Get inspired from the people around you who are doing great things in life. Catch inspiration from someone you know who has is already making healthy choices, exercising, and living well. Read an inspiring site (ahem) that highlights tips, stories and people living their best life.
Get motivated by understanding your true values, and setting your eyes on a big goal.
Understand why you want to make positive changes. Whether it’s because you want to feel better, look better or move better – it doesn’t matter to us, just make sure it matters to you.
And surround yourself with positive people who can help your motivation grow through support and constructive feedback.
So, the next time you want to get motivated…first look to others to get inspired, then look within for the motivation to get started. You might be amazed at what you’ll be able to do.
- How to Motivate Yourself to Do Anything
- 7 Ways to Get Motivated to Exercise
- How to Turn Procrastination into Action
- Use Positive Reinforcement to Achieve Your Goals
- 5 Steps to Break Through Self-Sabotage
- 5 Videos To Get You Motivated
- 6 Ways to Achieve Your Dreams: Real Life Wisdom From West Point Grad Turned NFL Pro
- How I Stopped Dying and Started Living
- 5 Steps to Take Control of Your Life
- 7 Ways to Wake Up Motivated Every Morning
- How to Stay Motivated and Achieve Your Goal