Whether you’ve got children or are planning to have a couple someday, it’s likely you’ll want them to be happy. After all, that’s what we’re all here for, right?
But how can you raise happy kids? That’s the question that most parents want to know. And we don’t mean just happy kids as in “give little Johnny a lollipop to put a smile on his face”.
Nope, you’ll likely want to know the science behind raising truly happy children who grow into stable, happy adults.
How can you do it?
Don’t worry, we’ve got ya covered!
Our friends at Happify compiled loads of research and found that there are proven things parents can do to raise their kids the happy way.
Here are some highlights:
- Children who have nurturing mothers have brains 10% larger by the time they reach school age
- Feeling loved by their fathers is more important for health, well-being, and satisfaction in life than feeling loved by their mothers. So Dads…go tell your kids you love ’em! Or better yet, show them.
- A mother’s satisfaction in life is more important for her children’s well being than her income, education, or job
- Praising kids for effort, not ability, can help them cope better with failure
- It’s no surprise but kids who grow up with parental conflict are more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol and do worse in school
Featured photo by Pink Sherbet Photography
Comments are closed.