Got an inspiyr-ing story you want to share? How about tips to help other be happy, healthy, or successful? We love opening up our platform to experts and guest writers to contribute content that will help our audience improve their life through information and inspiration. If you’ve got an idea you want to share just shoot us a note and let us know, we’re always on the lookout for great content!
When submitting content we ask that you follow these guidelines.
- The piece must be unique and original. This means it cannot have been published elsewhere online. If you’ve got a great idea that’s been posted elsewhere, and you’ve created a customized version of it, please include a link to the original piece so our team can review both. Also, please do not submit content to Inspiyr if you plan on publishing that same piece elsewhere.
- Word count should be between 600 – 800 words. We’ve found this is a length that provides real value to our audience while still fitting within the shortening attention span we all have…wait…what were we saying? Where are we??? (just kidding!)
- The post should not be promotional. We’re happy to provide a link back to your site, book, or organization in the byline, as long as the story offers real value to our audience. When submitting content please include a short bio that is no longer than 3 or 4 sentences and includes the relevant link(s).
- Link to authority sources within the post where appropriate! If you have a story that includes medical references or other factual information you’d like to present to our audience, please include the links to back-up your points. Also, make sure you use credible sources with high authority. Sorry, your cousin’s blog doesn’t count! (unless your cousin happens to be Arianna Huffington). Also – there’s tons of great info published on Inspiyr.com, so link to other stories within the site when appropriate.
What types of content works best?
- Stories that get the most engagement with our audience offer actionable insights our users can apply to directly improve their life, or offer some type of inspiration to help our readers live their best life. Share your story. Share valuable tips. Be inspiring and informative. If your goal is to help our audience, the rest should take care of itself…
- Long, editorial posts should be broken up into “sections”. For example, if you’d like to convince our audience that they should eat locally-grown foods, submitting a story on “8 Reasons to Eat Local” or “5 Reasons Locally Grown Foods are Better” would get more engagement than a post that just contains 800 words without any “breaks”. Lists are great. Stories with “chunks” of content are great. Make the story easy for our users to read, understand, and finish, and they’ll be more likely to share it with others.
What happens once the story is live?
- Once live, our team will get in touch to let you know the post is up and running. At that point, it’s important for you to share it with your friends, family, social networks etc. We’ll do our thing to promote across Facebook, Twitter and other outlets, and we expect our contributors to do the same. After all, the more attention the story receives, the better it is for all of us!
- If you love to write and want to get lots of exposure in front of our audience, ongoing contributions are the way to go. In order to contribute content on a regular basis, you’ll need to offer real tips our audience engages with and write compelling content. If you think you’ve got what it takes, contact us and let us know what you’re thinking. We’re always on the lookout for awesome writers and stories to help our audience live better.
- We’ve built a hand-selected team of experts to provide guidance and feedback on our stories. If you have expertise in any of our content pillars – health, nutrition, fitness, business, money or “life success” – shoot us a note and let us know. We know that to be the best personal development site online we need to work with the best…and that could be you!