Thanks for subscribing to Inspiyr! You won’t regret it. You’re super cool, we’re super cool…it’s a match made in heaven.
That being said, there’s one more step here to make sure that you get our love notes — um, e-mail newsletters.
The Spam Epidemic
Unfortunately, there’s a lot of spam and junk mail out there. And for that reason, a lot of e-mail providers are (understandably) trying to take care of that for you. The way they do this is by weeding out e-mails they think might be spam so that you don’t have to deal with them. These e-mails go straight to your junk folder.
It’s a great thing, because you stop getting those annoying, unsolicited e-mails offering various forms of sexual enhancement pills, weight loss remedies (that don’t work), and — the worst one out there — “phishing” scams designed to trick you into giving them your account passwords.
But we’re not the bad guys. We’re the good guys who want to help you and give you our great tips, tricks, and adoration, of course. Unfortunately, a lot of these spam filters can’t tell the difference between awesome e-mails like ours and spam e-mails.
Until spam filters are perfected, there is a remedy to this problem. All you have to do is “whitelist” us — and it only takes a couple clicks.
Here’s how to whitelist us, depending on your e-mail system. (If your e-mail system isn’t listed, please contact us. We’ll take care of you!)
How To Whitelist Us
1. In your inbox, locate an email from admin at inspiyr dot com (us!). We will have sent you a welcome e-mail after you subscribed.
2. Click and drag the email to the “primary” tab of your inbox. Ta da! That’s all you need to do.
2. Yahoo! Mail
1.In your inbox, locate an email from admin at inspiyr dot com (us!). We will have sent you a welcome e-mail after you subscribed.
2. A”+” symbol should display next to From: and the sender’s name, as pictured below.
3. Click on the “+.” Then, click “Add to contacts.” pop-up should appear. Select “Save.” You’re done! Welcome to the family.
3. Mac Mail
1. Go to the top menu when you have your mail open. Click “Mail” (on the right of the apple symbol).
2. On the drop-down menu that appears, click “Preferences.”
3. A window will pop up. In the window, click the “Rules” icon (the mail icon with the three weird little arrows on the far right).
4. Click the “Add Rule” button.
5. A window will pop up. In the window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field. (You can name it “Inspiyr.” You’re welcome.)
6. Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.” Type our e-mail address, admin at inspiyr dot com, in the text field on the right of “Contains.”
7. Underneath “Perform the following actions:”, select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus.
8. Click “Ok” to save the rule. All fixed!
4. Outlook 2003 & Later
1. Right-click on the welcome message we sent you in your inbox (from admin at inspiyr dot com).
2. Select “Junk E-mail.” Sounds counter-intuitive, but watch what happens next…
3. Click “Add Sender to Safe Senders List.” Hooray!
Talk to you soon! 🙂
-The Inspiyr Team