Dinner plans are made at a fancy restaurant. A dozen beautiful roses are bought. Candles are lit, and the mood is just right. There’s just one problem…
None of this is for you.
Valentine’s Day can be a great day for people in relationships, but if you happen to be single, V-Day can be a day you want to call in sick to work and hide your head under a pillow.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
Our friend Jessica Baker at AlignedSigns.com helped to create this guide to help you be joyfully single on Valentine’s Day. Here’s a quick summary of what you can do to boost your “self-love” and have a great day on your own:
- Reenergize your spirit by falling in love…with yourself!
- Prioritize “me” time and do something for yourself, whether it’s getting a massage or playing a video game
- Nurture the relationships already in your life…like your parents, friends, siblings, and other relatives
- Focus on physical and mental fitness by hitting the gym, a yoga class, or doing some meditation
- Volunteer at a local shelter or food back to show you and others how much of a difference you can make…and it feels great, too!
Featured image by Pink Sherbet Photography