Earlier today, the world lost a great man.
And to say the world has been affected by this devastating news is a vast understatement.
It only takes a glance at social media to see how many people all over the world are grieving over the loss of Robin Williams: a hilarious comedian, a talented actor, and an inspirational human being.
We at Inspiyr were shocked to hear the news, and we decided to write up a tribute to the man who has kept us smiling for decades.
Here are ten of the many reasons why the world will miss Robin Williams.
1. He encouraged a bit of craziness every now and then
In fact, he was known for it!
2. He wasn’t afraid to make a fool out of himself occasionally
Okay, maybe more than occasionally…
3. And he always stopped to ponder the important things in life.
4. But that was in jest, because he knew that substances never solved anything.
5. He understood that when it comes to people, quality, not quantity, is what truly matters.
After all, people should lift you up, not tear you down.
6. And he knew that everyone can make a difference.
No matter how small.
7. He tried his hardest to be positive…
8. …even when it was difficult.
To attempt to stay positive while struggling with depression is a beautiful thing.
After all, there’s a reason why he played so many inspirational characters.
9. And we can’t forget his beautiful performance in Dead Poet’s Society that reminded us to never remain complacent…
10. …and to live each day like it’s your last.
We all received the devastating news that today was his last day on this world.
But one thing’s for sure: he will live on in our hearts for many years to come.
RIP, Robin. Keep on laughing.
Sammy Nickalls is the former content manager of Inspiyr.com and is a freelance writer for various sites, including HelloGiggles, YourTango, Quickbooks, and TWLOHA. Follow her on Twitter @sammynickalls.