If you want to get ahead in business, one tool that can help you is as close as your front pocket; the iPhone has hundreds of apps that can give you the edge you need to advance your career.
With more than half a million apps available on the iStore, finding the right app for the task can be a bit daunting. Here is a list of some of the best business applications available for your iPhone:
1. Documents to Go: This is a complete Office suite for the iOS. You can create and edit Word and Excel files, view PowerPoint decks, PDFs, and many other types of Office files. The app allows you to get up to speed or do some light office work on the go. Documents To Go costs $9.99, and is worth the price for it’s ease of use and compatibility with all file types.
2. Jump Desktop: This app allows you to connect to and manage your home or office computer anywhere from your iPhone. Instead of being limited to the files you have uploaded to a cloud from your iPhone, Jump Desktop gives you access to all of the files and programs on your desktop computer. Free alternatives often have connectivity issues and can be unbearably slow at times, so the price tag of $14.99 is worth the one time investment.
3. Evernote: If your professional to-do list is constantly growing? Evernote can help you manage this. You can make text notes, create voice recordings, and take pictures all with the same app, and all for free. Evernote also provides utilities to help you organize your items into convenient notebooks. While the cost for basic access to Evernote is free, there are a few premium features available if you choose to upgrade.
4. Expensify: If you hate storing receipts in your wallet, glove compartment, jacket pockets, or wherever else they end up then Expensify is the app for you. Expensify lets you take pictures of your receipts to pull out the important information, and creates a new cash expense or attaches the receipt to the corresponding credit card purchase. This makes it easy to keep track of your business expenses and create an expense report; all you have to do is choose your expenses and then have the app send a PDF of the report to any email address you choose. Best of all is the cost; it is completely free.
5. Pulse: This free application lets you bring all of the blogs, magazines, newspapers, and other news outlets together on your iPhone. Instead of using the web browser to check each site individually Pulse makes it easy to read and share whatever sparks your interest.
6. Hootsuite: This application brings your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Foursquare accounts together in one place. Hootsuite allows you to manage your social media quickly and easily when you are on the go with no need for switching between apps or web pages. The basic version of Hootsuite is free, with upgrades available for different pricing and feature tiers.
7. CamCard Lite: This app lets you scan and save business cards so you don’t have to. CamCard Lite saves all of the contact information in your address book, making it easy to find whoever you are looking for. CamCard Lite is free, with additional save capacity and features available in the premium version.
These are just a few essential business apps for your iPhone; countless more are being added each day. Use your phone for more than just talking and texting and get a leg up in your career.