During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, medical professionals face tremendous workloads and stress due to the increasing number of active cases. Even with mass vaccination, the virus keeps mutating, and relapses occur in various parts of the country and worldwide.
Because of these reasons, it makes sense to show your gratitude towards medical professionals through the following tips:
1. Donate Scrub Suits And Personal Protective Equipment
Medical professionals use personal protective equipment (PPE) to shield themselves from bodily fluids and microorganisms in the air and droplet nuclei. Donating PPEs to public hospitals and small private clinics would tremendously help medical professionals. It’s one of the best ways to show your gratitude, ensuring that healthcare facilities aren’t running out of PPE supplies and keeping medical staff safe and healthy.
Donating scrub suits is an equally great idea to show how much you appreciate medical professionals, especially nurses. If you’re running medical missions or doing charity work, scrub suits for medical professionals are highly recommended.
Here are some examples of PPEs and scrub suits available in online stores:
- Scrub Suits: Scrub suits serve to maintain the sterility of healthcare establishments and prevent the wearer from going home with germs and bacteria all over them. Choose high-quality scrub suits from a reputable online shop such as KESWI.
- Face Covering: Face shields and face masks are examples of PPEs widely used in clinics and hospitals. They come in reusable and disposable types.
- Gowns: Those in COVID or infectious wards are highly vulnerable to transmission of diseases. That’s why medical professionals need to wear gowns during their entire shift.
- Googles: These protect doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals from body fluids that may come into contact with the eyes.
2. Post Inspirational Messages and Videos on Social Media
Medical professionals are also active on social media. Posting inspirational messages such as quotes and ‘thank you’ messages is a fantastic way to boost the confidence and morale of doctors, nurses, and other allied health workers.
Do any of the following to show your gratitude to healthcare professionals through social media:
- Share Your Experience: You can narrate your experiences when you were hospitalized and how the nurses and doctors cared for you. Congratulate and thank them by mentioning their first names and post photos of when you were in the hospital.
- Upload Inspirational Videos: If you have a knack for creating videos, upload one showing medical front liners doing their jobs and include inspiring music and ‘thank you’ quotes in the video.
- Donate To Social Media Groups: There are groups for medical professionals you can donate money to in order to show your support for everything they’ve done for the community.
- Compose And Post A Prayer: You can write a personal prayer to keep healthcare professionals safe and healthy and post it online. Ask your friends and loved ones to share it on social media so you can touch the hearts of more medical workers.
3. Create a Blog
If you’re a writer, you can show how much you appreciate medical front liners by creating a blog. You can share your or a loved one’s story regarding their experiences in the hospital when they had COVID-19 or a different medical condition. Highlight the important things the medical professionals did that made your hospital stay more comfortable and less stressful.
At the end of your blog, you may include a short message of appreciation to specific medical professionals who went the extra mile to look after your well-being. Include photos and videos as needed, but make sure to ask for permission to do so from the people in them.
4. Send a Token or Gift of Appreciation
Day-to-day tasks in the hospital and other healthcare facilities can be tedious, resulting in burnout. Many healthcare workers are deprived of quality time for themselves because of their long shifts. Therefore, you can consider giving them the opportunity to rest and relax as a way to show them your appreciation.
Here are some tokens or gifts you can give to your local doctors and nurses:
- Massage Spa Gift Certificate: Ease medical professionals’ tension and stress by giving them massage spa gift certificates they can use during their day off or when they want to have a particularly relaxing weekend. You can provider them to nurses and doctors you admire and are thankful for because of their kindness. Alternatives include a gift certificate for salon services, acupuncture, aromatherapy, and other holistic treatment services.
- Free Meal Delivery Services: Many healthcare workers don’t get to eat during their shifts because they have too many patients to attend to. With that said, it would be good for you to have some free meals and even drinks delivered to them.
- Health And Wellness Product Gift Certificate: Medical professionals need to keep their immune system in check due to the nature of their work. You can provide free health and wellness products through gift certificates that they can use to shop online for vitamins, minerals, and food supplements.
- Free Vacation: Are you deeply appreciative of a doctor or nurse who took care of you in the hospital for days, weeks, or even months? If so, and if you have the money for it, you can treat them to a free vacation or give them airline miles.
5. Follow Health and Safety Protocols
People often hear medical professionals on TV asking people to stay at home in areas where COVID-19 cases are high. Complying with health and safety protocols for the fight against the pandemic is one way to show that you respect medical professionals and the law.
Two people every minute have died from COVID-19 this year. By being mindful of your health, you can avoid contracting the virus and adding to the number of people medical staff have to take care of. Make sure to regularly check your local health department’s guidelines and updates about COVID-19 so you won’t accidentally violate any protocols.
Gifts, tokens, and social messages may not hold as much weight as the sacrifice healthcare workers have made throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. However, they’ll still appreciate those gestures, giving them more confidence, motivation, and inspiration to care for COVID-19 patients. While they’re worried about their own health and their families, they’re doing their best to help reduce the mortality rate, so simple displays of appreciation would give them a reason to smile despite the hardships they’re facing.